1. Sex cures mild depression by releasing endorphins into the bloodstream, producing a sense of euphoria and a feeling of well-being.
2. Sex is a natural antihistamine. It can help combat asthma and hay fever.
3. Lovemaking can help burn up some of those calories you piled on during that romantic dinner.
4. Sex tones up just about every muscle in the body, and it’s more fun than swimming twenty laps.
5. When women make love, they produce large amounts of estrogen, which makes hair shiny and skin smooth.
6. The more often you have sex, the more sex your partner will crave. A sexually active body secretes large quantities of pheromones. These subtle sex perfumes drive the opposite sex crazy.
7. Sex is around ten times more effective as a tranquilizer than Valium.
8. Kissing encourages saliva to wash food from the teeth and lowers the level of the acid that causes decay and plaque buildup.
9. Sex relieves headaches by releasing the tension that restricts blood vessels in the brain.
10. Gentle, relaxed lovemaking shows on your face: It reduces your chance of suffering dermatitis, rashes, and blemishes. The sweat produced cleanses the pores and makes the skin glow.
Adapted From Why Men Want Sex and Women Need Love (Barbara and Allan Pease), 2010