Collection of Personally Identifiable Information
Some functions and services offered through the Site require that you provide certain personally identifiable information (PII). PII that we may collect includes email address, name, postal address, telephone number, date of birth and credit card number. We may also collect other information about you that we associate with your PII such as your interests, preferences and demographics. For example, we may collect information about your interests in certain health and lifestyle topics. We may collect this PII for example, when you order a product, enter a contest or sweepstakes, request a catalog, or register for a mailing list.
Use of Personally Identifiable Information
We may use your personally identifiable information and other information we collect about you for purposes described in this policy or disclosed to you on the Site or in connection with our services. For example, we may use your information to:
• operate and improve the Site, products and services;
• understand you and your preferences to enhance your experience and enjoyment using the Site, products and services;
• process and deliver contest entries and rewards;
• respond to your comments and questions and provide customer service;
• provide and deliver products and services you request;
• send you related information, including confirmations, invoices, technical notices, updates, security alerts, and support and administrative messages;
• communicate with you about new contests, promotions and rewards, upcoming events, and other news about products and services offered by the Company and our selected partners;
• link or combine it with other personal information we get from third parties, to help understand your needs and provide you with better service;
• investigate and take action against fraudulent or illegal activity or improper conduct.
The Company may save your credit card information for use when you log in to make future purchases.
The Company may store and process personal information in the United States and other countries.
Sharing of Personally Identifiable Information
The Company may share your PII for the following purposes and under the following circumstances.
• We may share your PII with our affiliates, our technical consultants, third-party auditors and other third parties who act on our behalf, for example, to make the Site available, enhance their functionality, or provide associated services and/or who deal with you in delivering content, samples, products, and gifts and prizes, have access to and may use this information to provide us with services.
• Occasionally, we may make names and postal addresses we collect through the Site along with certain other information about you such as your interest in particular health or lifestyle topics available to reputable companies whose products and/or services may interest you, unless you opt out of being included in our postal mailing list. (See the section below on opting out of postal mailings).
• We may transfer your personally identifiable information and other information in connection with or during negotiation of any merger, financing, acquisition or dissolution, transaction or proceeding involving sale, transfer, divestiture or disclosure of all or a portion of our business or assets to another company.
We may also provide aggregate statistics and deidentified data about our customers, including traffic patterns and related site information, to reputable third parties for their own purposes, including statistical analysis.
Your Sharing of Personally Identifiable Information
Please be aware that when you connect and share your actions, comments, content and information, for example, through discussion board postings on the Site, those actions are not private. Others may capture personal information you post, including your email address, and may use the data to identify or contact you, including to send you emails. The Company cannot control such actions by others. Please be mindful of your own privacy needs as you choose who to connect with and what to share and make public. If you share information about others, please be sure to respect their privacy and get consent for any information you may share about them.
Choices about Our Use and Sharing of Personally Identifiable Information
If you do not wish to receive promotional and newsletter emails from Best Health U.S. you may click on the unsubscribe link at the bottom of those emails.
You can also change your promotional and newsletter email preferences by clicking here to go to the E-Mail Preference Center form.
If you opt-out of promotional or newsletter emails from Best Health U.S., we may continue to send you certain communications such as service announcements and administrative messages, relating to Best Health U.S. and/or the Site that are necessary to our relationship with you.
For all other requests for changes relating to your PII, including opting out of postal mail, telemarketing calls, and our sharing PII with our partners, contact customer service at firstname.lastname@example.org or at:
Best Health US PO Box 6095 Harlan, IA 51593
Phone #: 877-732-4438 Best Health US PO Box 50005 Prescott, AZ 86301-5005
You may also use the postal address above for general customer service questions.
Third Party Activities
Notice to California customers – Your California Privacy Rights California’s “Shine the Light” law, Civil Code section 1798.83, requires certain businesses to respond to requests from California customers asking about the businesses’ practices related to disclosing personal information to third parties for the third parties’ direct marketing purposes. Alternately, such businesses may have in place a policy not to disclose personal information of customers to third parties for the third parties’ direct marketing purposes if the customer has exercised an option to opt-out of such information-sharing. We have such a policy in place. As discussed above, if you wish to opt-out of our sharing of your information with third parties for the third parties’ direct marketing purposes or to find out more about your opt-out rights, please contact us at the email address or postal address described above.
Third Party Advertising
Third Party Cookies Notwithstanding anything else in this policy, we or a data provider we have engaged may place or recognize a unique cookie on your browser to enable you to receive customized ads or content. These cookies contain no personally identifiable information. The cookies may reflect de-identified demographic or other data linked to data you voluntarily have submitted to us, e.g., your email address that we may share with a data provider solely in hashed, non-human readable form. To opt-out of these cookies, please go to aboutads.info/choices.
Company Ads on Third Party Sites. We may use information collected using third party cookies and Web beacons on our Web Sites and in our emails to deliver Company brands advertising displayed to you on third party sites. We also may use cookie information to know when you return to our Web Site after visiting these third party sites. We use this information and other information about you, to try to understand your interests and show you relevant Company advertising about products and services you may need.
Cookies, Web Beacons and Server Logs
The Company, related Web hosting providers, and advertisers and ad serving and tracking companies sometimes utilize “cookie” technology on the Site. Cookies are bits of data stored on your hard drive that contain no personally identifying information but which help enhance your Web-browsing experience. Not all Web browsers accept cookies, and those that do usually provide a preference or setting that allows you to refuse and remove most types of browser cookies. If your browser does not accept cookies, you may still enjoy the Site.
We may also use local shared objects, also known as Flash cookies, to store your preferences such as volume control for videos, or display content based upon what you view on the Site to personalize your visit. Third party partners provide certain features on the Site and may display advertising based upon your Web browsing activity, using Flash cookies to help track and store information about you. Flash cookies are different from browser cookies because of the amount of, type of, and how data is stored. Cookie management tools provided by your browser usually will not remove Flash cookies. To learn how to manage privacy and storage settings for certain Flash cookies click here.
We may collect information using Web beacons. Web beacons are electronic images that may be used on the Site or in our emails. We use Web beacons to deliver cookies, count visits, understand usage and campaign effectiveness and to tell if an email has been opened and acted upon.
Server logs capture certain non-personally identifying data, such as the time and date of a Web visit, the browser and operating system being used, and the Web URL a user linked from. This information is used in aggregate form to help us plan system enhancements when necessary and to provide content that is compatible with our visitors’ Web-browsing systems. We also collect information about keyword searches performed by visitors on the Site. We do not collect your name or email address as a result of using a search feature. We may keep logs of all words searched to help us learn what kinds of information rd.com visitors are seeking, and to improve our service to visitors.
Privacy Precaution Warning
Please note that no data transmission over the Internet is 100% secure. As a result, we cannot guarantee the security of the information that you transmit via our online services.
Policy last updated September 2015.
Legal Notice and Terms and Conditions